Friday, May 11, 2012

Discrepancy


(My  reality)

You don’t see it, but I do
And you want to see it, too.
Still, I want to keep it just for me
And keep pretending it’s poetry.

You look around, but you don’t see.
It’s nothing, it’s nowhere;
I see a shadow, hear a whisper
And take all these as true and fair.

You don’t feel it, but I do.
And you want to feel it, too.
Still, I want to keep it personal...
I’m dreaming and hoping not to fall.

You look around. Still, you don’t see.
Though it’s everywhere, it’s just for me.
I see the shadow, I hear the wisper...
It charms me and I accept it as my reality.


First published in "Contemporary Poetry Digest Monthly" in 2011, the November issue. It also appeared in the annual anthology "From the Heart", 2011, December.

No comments:

Post a Comment