Thursday, January 31, 2013

February, NaHaiWriMo

I've joined NaHaiWriMo to learn discipline in writing through something that I love: haiku. 

 NaHaiWriMo

So, in February I'll be writing a haiku per day. I already write more than 30 haiku per month, but I lack disciplice - I don't work every day. I hope that by entering this challenge I'll force myself to change that.

I decided to try NaHaiWriMo because it doesn't require only to post daily, but write daily. Posting on a schedule - not a problem, I've done that before, after having my posts written in advance. But now, through NaHaiWriMo I'm trying to learn to write daily. 

If I promise to myself to write every day for 30 days, there is a big chance that I won't respect my promise - I won't be failing anyone but me and nobody would know - or that I'd cheat and skip some days.

By entering a public competition people will know if I gave up. So, giving up won't be an option anymore. At the end of February I'll let you know how it feels to accomplish something you wanted for a long time - giving up isn't an option anymore.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Elena,
    I'm here to say hi and welcome you to the A-Z Challenge! I'm Swedish and came to America when I was 9. That's what I'll be using as my theme during the challenge. Last year I taught a word of Swedish a day. I wish you all the best in this year's challenge, and please let me know if you have any questions. My info is in the contact tab at the A-Z Blog, and here:

    Tina @ Life is Good
    Co-host, April 2013 A-Z Challenge
    @TinaLifeisGood, #atozchallenge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Tina!
      Thanks for stopping by! It's reausuring to find others who are not English Native. I was looking for a native theme, too - I have 2 or 3 ideas that I'd like to use, but I haven't decided yet.

      About having questions, well, I'm glad that you asked, I do have some, and since you offered, I'll ask for your help.

      My first question is: can you sign to A to Z Challenge with only one blog and do two challenges (have two posts for the challenge daily)? I was thinking first a post of Haiku and a picture from Romania that inspired that Haiku and a second entering of short prose.

      I want to catch up for last year's competion! ;)
      I was joking. Just that it seems more likely to finish the thing if I write it publicly.

      Thanks for stopping by and offering your help.

      Adriana Dascalu
      Participant, April 2013 A0Z Challange

      Delete