Friday, February 8, 2013

Reading... haiku books!

Not my best day ever! I think I'm catching a cold so, I've decided to stay in this evening and read something nice.

And since I'm doing NaHaiWriMo, I went for haiku! I've re-read "The Narrow Road to the Deep North" by Matsuo Basho which actually helped me write two more haiku, in spite of my bad state.

This little book is a very inspiring piece on traveling and life and I've read it at least four times by now. It's short and well written, what can I say?

This week I've also finished reading two more books about and of haiku: "Basho's Journey and Selected Literary Prose" and "Basho: The Complete Haiku"

Both of these books helped me - I think, I hope - improve my haiku writing skill.

All three books are translations but I think the translators did a fine job.

Now, I'll say "Until tomorrow!" when I come back with another haiku in NaHaiWriMo.
By then i really hope to get done at least 2000 words at the project I'm working on.


4 comments:

  1. Thanks for your book recommendations!

    Happy weekend, friend. ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy weekend to you, too!

      If you decide to read any, you'll see they're worth the time!

      Delete
  2. Have a wonderful and productive weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it's already productive. I'm feeling sick but I don't want to waste time so I'm editing a haiku chapbook I plan to publish soon.

      I hope you'll alos have a creative, productive and fun weekend!

      Delete